Source: The Nature Of Grace
Canvas , paint, pink paper, regular white paper, glue, ribbon or rhinestones or other embellishments.
1. Paint a hanger onto your canvas (you may want to draw this with a pencil first)
2. Fold a white piece of paper in half (hot dog style) and draw half of leotard shape (length-wise). Cut this out, open it up and you should have a symmetrical leotard shape.
3. Trace that shape onto your pink paper and cut it out. Glue to the hanger you painted and let it dry.
4. Paint your daughter's hands and place them on the canvas around the leotard to create a full tutu effect. On ours, we used four handprints in a light pink first, then after those had dried, we made two more handprints on top of the light pink handprints in a darker pink shade. Allow these to dry. (BTW: if you are using a pre-stretched canvas, you may want to place a book under the area of canvas where your child will be placing her handprints to avoid her denting or pushing through the canvas.)
5. Glue a section of pink ribbon and a bow around the waist of your "tutu". Make and glue a smaller bow to the top of your leotard or the hanger. You might also want to add other embellishments of your own to the leotard and tutu (rhinestones, real tulle, etc.).
6. Admire and display your cutie's handprints! :)
Another version: Not as perfect but I think I like it better!
Source: Meet The Dubiens